ABOUT WELLS LAW
Trusted advisor to executives who need real feedback and real solutions – from someone with real-life experience.
WHO DO WE LOVE TO WORK WITH?
We love working with small- to mid-size organizations, including businesses, non-profits, and universities.
Our team brings significant real-world experience in business, higher education, and retail environments. We understand the issues organizations face every day. Our clients appreciate our “in the trenches” approach to working with them to solve problems and minimize liability.
We advise the C-suite, owners, managers, and supervisors on the legal and business implications of their decisions.
We are known for our honesty, humor, and practical advice.
We believe that being accessible is important and are available for coffee, lunch, or a meeting at your office.
ABOUT OUR FEES
Transparency and easy billing practices are at the core of our business because we know you are concerned about the cost involved with obtaining legal counsel. We strive to be fair in our pricing and provide value to our clients.
We always discuss pricing in detail, in advance. You will know up front how your matter will be billed and will be provided with a representation agreement detailing our billing method. Plus, we don’t bill you for routine mileage, copies, postage, faxes, and meals.
Our clients receive itemized monthly invoices and have convenient options to pay electronically with eCheck (ACH) and credit card through our secure online client portal or by mailing payment.
We offer flexible billing arrangements to meet your needs.
- Hourly rate: Pay as you go whenever you need us.
- Flat fee: Set rate for routine matters (i.e. drafting handbook, reviewing a contract, etc.)
- Monthly retainer: Flat monthly fee and you can contact us about your pressing legal questions without the fear of paying by the minute and receiving variable billing each month.
For companies with no in-house legal staff, we handle ongoing, routine legal matters at a fraction of the cost of traditional counsel.
WHAT WE DO
Counsel | Investigations | Training
- Provide general counsel to business on matters related to day-to-day business operations, including contract review, corporate resolutions, and administrative policies
- Advise on HR issues such as employer relations, job description review, absenteeism & tardiness, recordkeeping, policies & procedures, recruiting & hiring, HR compliance, performance management, discipline, termination, leaves of absence, HR practices and procedures, employee handbooks, and document and policy review
- Counsel on compliance with evolving federal requirements and state employment and education laws including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, Title IX and VAWA, etc.
- Conduct impartial workplace misconduct investigations, including harassment and Title IX
- Conduct human resources audits using compliance rubric based on current state of the law, federal guidance documents, and “best practices” criteria
- Design and deliver customized, interactive on-site training programs to public and private sector employers, non-profit organizations, and professional associations
- Train business owners, HR professionals, and supervisors on relevant and important legal issues and employment practices
- Train faculty, staff and students on Title IX policies, procedures, and bystander prevention
WHERE WE WORK
Licensed to practice law in Ohio and Florida
Investigation and training services provided nationwide
Serving clients throughout Ohio from offices in Lima & Columbus, Ohio